Sunday, January 26, 2014

Torah Blessings and Welcome Back!!

Hello!

I hope everyone's winter breaks were awesome! I've heard from your kids all about the fun and warm places you went!

The prayer we started today is the Blessing before the Torah Reading that you say when you make an aliyah. There is a video to practice from Here. I encourage them to practice and read along, and to even listen to the Blessing after Reading the Torah in preparation for next class (especially if they will be missing this Wednesdays class)!
 In class today, many of them had at least heard the prayer before in services, which was great! We will continue discussing weekly Torah Portions, learning about the prophets, and finishing up the prayers in the Torah service!
Many of the students are unable to come to Wednesday classes, which is difficult because having missed half the class it is difficult for them to keep up on Sundays. If your child is missing classes please have them practice the prayers, but especially their reading skills outside of class.

For those new to the blog, I will post homework here as well as, as always, hand it out at the end of class to the kids! They were great at doing their homework last semester (possibly because of the chocolate-y reward) and I hope that keeps up this semester!

Just a reminder:
On Friday February 21st at 7:30 PM  is the classes Shabbat Service which they will help lead.

Thanks!
Zippy


No comments:

Post a Comment